Monday, October 29, 2012

Mummy Clothes Pin Doll

 
The kids and I are in the middle of making mummy clothes pin dolls for Halloween. I let them paint the clothes pins and heads with watered-down white acrylic paint. 




After dotting on eyes with black paint, I glued the heads on with hot glue. I also added white pipe-cleaner arms by wrapping a piece of pipe cleaner around the mummy at the shoulder area, twisting the pipe cleaner once at the mummy's back, and hot gluing it in place at the twist. 




I just began the process of wrapping the mummies up.  I'm using Warm and Natural quilt batting to wrap these guys.  The process is not too bad, though I had hoped it would be faster.  The hardest part is getting the quilt batting between the legs.  I plan on finishing this process in the next couple of days. 

I'm just glad these mummy clothes pin dolls are a much faster project than the clothes pin dolls that I made for my wedding cake.  I didn't understand why people charged so much for similar cake toppers until I made a couple. When I finished my cake toppers six hours later, I had a much better understanding.  
 
And yes, I am taller than my husband.


1 comment: